Cuban avocado salad
Cuban Avocado Salad. (Ensalada de Aguacate) This is a typical Cuban salad, usually served with a traditional Cuban dinner.
- Watercress or lettuce leaves, the platter, optional
- 2 large Florida avocados peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced vertically, salt to taste, fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup pure Spanish olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp white vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- Lined with the greens, arrange the avocado slices, place the onions on top, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar and drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.